The most important service our office can offer you is a thorough examination and diagnosis. Your first appointment at your new office will be schedule for 1.5 hours, and will involve a series of diagnostic records including the following:
- Recording your pulse, blood pressure, temperature and reviewing medical history
- A series of intraoral photographs
- Full mouth X-rays
- Complimentary oral scan using our Planmeca Emerald S Scanner
- Examination of TMJ and muscles
- Oral cancer screening
- Examination that includes charting existing dental work, problem areas and an evaluation of your bite
- Examinationof your gum health
- “Tour of Your Mouth” where we review all diagnostic information together and prioritize treatment based on your specific needs
Your dental cleaning will not be scheduled at the same time as your first visit. Every patient has specific needs and, in some cases, patients may require a deep cleaning to obtain optimal health, for which the appropriate time will need to be scheduled. Hygiene visits can be scheduled at the completion of your first appointment.
Our goal is to help you better understand the possibilities that will help you obtain optimal oral health. Your first visit may be different than what you have previously experienced, but the team at York River Dental prides themselves in providing dental excellence for every patient we treat
Questions or concerns about your first visit? Our front desk is happy to answer – Contact us today at 757-969-1356!
Our team is always happy to answer your questions and help you schedule appointments with Dr. Eduardo Lopez, our experienced dentist in Yorktown, Virginia.